Photo Collage

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Tale of Two Sisters- Happy Birthday Mother ♥


Did you know….today is our Mother’s birthday. She would have been 81 years old today had she not been called home to be with Our Father in Heaven shortly after her 31st birthday. She left behind 3 little girls 6, 5, and 2. Her life on Earth was far too short, her time with us too short as well, but we know someday we will meet again. We were raised by the most wonderful woman we called our mother and she wrote this poem for us a few years ago about our mother.


Heavenly Mother

When God decided to take your Mom,
To live in Heaven with Him,
She had to leave her precious girls,
Karen, Kristine, and Kim.

Your Mom went right to Heaven,
The day she passed away.
But she’s been looking down on you,
Every single day.

She has watched you learn, and seen you grow,
And everything you do,
That’s why she smiles and feels so warm,
And is so proud of you.

There is nothing like a mother’s love,
It’s boundless in it’s scope.
It’s always everlasting,
And always filled with hope.

A mother’s love is a constant love,
A reflection of her trust,
And what you feel from up above,
Is “Her” sprinkling Angel Dust.

We know your mother’s love is always there,
And will last your whole life through.
And looking down I don’t think she’d mind,
If she knew I love you too.

Happy Birthday Mother!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this poem - it really touched my heart, and with a perfect ending. I'm sure that must have been very difficult on all of you - especially your Dad. I sure loved your "Other Mom". She always made me feel so welcome in your home as a teen, and I did feel she loved you all the same. She was so much fun, and I can still remember that great laugh of hers. That poem came from her heart and I could feel it. What a blessing that you had two wonderful Moms. Love you all, Marcene

    ReplyDelete