Photo Collage

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

Have you ever taken a picture either intentionally or coincidentally and been so thankful you timed it so perfectly?  THIS is one of the things we love MOST about photography!  The ability to capture a moment in time with an image that will be ours forever inspires us, motivates us, and keeps us coming back to the lens over and over again!  
I was full of pride and bursting with love as my son held my first grandchild in the NICU.  She was born early and weighed only 4 pounds and she was so tiny that holding her the first time was scary for me. This photo reminds me of those early days and all the feelings that came with her arrival.   I’m so glad I was there to snap the shutter on a very special moment, especially because she is now four years old and it is almost impossible to remember how small and helpless she was. 
We had a sleepover last night and I was reminded once again how quickly the time passes and those babies grow up before your very eyes!  I treasure each of those moments so much more than I did when I had my own children and all the BUSY-ness of life got in the way of enjoying the little things...


'Til Next Time,


Karen
You don't take a photograph.  You ask, quietly, to borrow it.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment