Photo Collage

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

Have you ever taken a picture either intentionally or coincidentally and been so thankful you timed it so perfectly?  THIS is one of the things we love MOST about photography!  The ability to capture a moment in time with an image that will be ours forever inspires us, motivates us, and keeps us coming back to the lens over and over again!   
  
Tonight is a full moon. 100% full moon.  Most of the time the realization that it must be a full moon strikes me about half-way into my work day.  I sense it without a doubt and without even looking at a calendar.  It’s hard to explain, but there is a very predictable and consistent sort of way that full moon days turn out in my office. I forge through the often crazy events of the day in eager anticipation of a possible opportunity to catch a photo of the moon as it sets over my bedroom balcony.  This was one such morning where the glow of the moon awakened me and called me to my bedroom window. I was awestruck at the size and color of a moon the likes of which I had never seen before!  It was well worth interrupting my sleep for a few images I may never again have the opportunity to capture. 

Tonight the moon rises at 6:47 p.m. and sets tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m.  I’ll have my tripod ready!  
                                         ahhhh-woooooh!
                                                       Tina
 Tuesday, March 10, 2009
SOOC f6.5, 2sec.exposure, 72mm focal length


No comments:

Post a Comment