Photo Collage

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words

Days Gone By....

A month or so when I was out and about alone with my darling granddaughter “Miss P” she said to me, ”Nana, I wish I could be a little baby for the rest of my life and love you forever!”  It took me a minute to realize what she was trying to say and then I realized she echoed my sentiments exactly, but they were just worded the best way a 5 year old knows how to say it.  We used to spend a lot of time alone together the first few years of her life, but with time all things change, children grow older, situations change, and siblings come into the equation.  Our journey that afternoon must have reminded her of days gone by where it was just the two of us.  We talked and I assured her that even though she was getting bigger she could still “love me forever” as I would “love her forever and ever” too! 

"Miss P"~age 11 months

Usually I’m the one behind the lens; consequently I have very few pictures of myself in this journey through life.  This became somewhat of a concern of mine when grandchildren began to enter my life as I want them to have something to remind them of my time shared with them when I am no longer here.  I think my better half heard that sentiment from me at some point because every now and then he picks up my camera and snaps a shot of me “living” life.  This was one of those “moments” with “Miss P” when she was about 11 months old and used to love to help me play my piano.  To me the images I have of time spent with my grandchildren are not “Worth a Thousand Words” …they’re priceless!

                                            Always,
                                                    Tina





No comments:

Post a Comment