Photo Collage

Monday, August 8, 2011

No Words Necessary

This is Royal County Down Golf Club, in Newcastle, Northern Ireland.  Words cannot describe the breathtaking beauty and the AWESOMENESS (is that a word?) of this place!  We were so glad we went golfing with the guys instead of spending the day walking around Newcastle and exploring other sights and shopping.  What a treat!  What a workout too!  These courses do not have golf carts and require a lot of up and downhill walking.   That meant we could have fish ‘n chips again…or an extra Guinness…or both!

See if you agree with me based on just a few of my many photos.  Well…it was pretty hard deciding on just a few photos…so there are more than that!

 


The first fairway from the tee...WOW!

Bryan & Paul with the Starter and the Caddy
 



I think he's demonstrating how deep the rough is!!!




There was a lot of time spent in the bunkers...
and not really a good way to get OUT of them!
 










Half the time you couldn't see where the green was.  Good thing
for the caddy!!



Heather and Gorse, I'm told!  The heather is awesome.  The gorse is pretty tough to get out of!






Consulting...a frequent sight.
Our other purpose besides official photographers was
as scorekeepers.  This day it was mi commadre's turn!



On this hole, Dean told Bryan he wasn't going to hit it out
and he would go get the ball for him!!!
This is Dean, although when he said his name,
I thought he said Dane!
He caddied for both guys and definitely worked hard.


Oh my!  I'm so glad I have so many photos to help me remember the beauty of this place.  I am blessed to have been there.

I'm not a Guinness girl, but I
discovered I like this! It's pronounced
"Smitticks"!

 Blessings to You and Yours,

 


NEWCASTLE- ‘WHERE THE MOUNTAINS OF MOURNE SWEEP DOWN TO THE SEA’

No comments:

Post a Comment